Creamy Tuscan garlic sauce is the secret weapon you didn’t know your kitchen needed – it makes all of your favorite meals unforgettable! It’s the most amazing blend of sun-dried tomatoes, cream, garlic, parmesan, and tasty seasonings. Whether it’s pasta, meat, or fish, this sauce does it all!
If you love Tuscan cooking as much as I do, here are a few recipes you have to try! (You can even use this delicious sauce for them!) Tuscan sausage pasta, crockpot Tuscan chicken, and Marry Me chicken!
Creamy Tuscan Garlic Sauce Recipe
This is the sauce to end all sauces. It does it all! Want to add more flavor to fish or chicken? Check. Make the most amazing pasta? Check. Creamy Tuscan garlic sauce is not only super easy to whip up, but has buttery, savory, and tangy flavor that the whole family will go crazy over.
I mean, you really can’t go wrong with sun-dried tomatoes, heavy cream, garlic, and parmesan. The good news about this creamy Tuscan garlic sauce is that it’s picky eater-approved. Even though it has spinach and sun-dried tomatoes in it, my youngest eats it no problem! It’s the perfect choice over a bed over spaghetti or fettuccine, served with these copycat Olive Garden breadsticks.
Ingredients You’ll Need
The great thing about this sauce is that it only takes a few simple ingredients to make. The exact measurements I used are in the recipe card below, but feel free to tweak the ratios to your liking.
- Heavy Cream: This is the star of the show, making the sauce rich and creamy.
- Chicken Broth: Adds a savory depth of flavor and helps thin out the sauce a bit. You can also use mushroom or vegetable broth for a vegetarian version.
- Garlic Powder: Infuses that wonderful garlicky taste without the need to mince fresh garlic. Fresh garlic can also be used for more of a punch of flavor.
- Italian Seasoning: Brings a medley of aromatic herbs that enhance the sauce’s Italian flair.
- Parmesan Cheese: Adds some cheesy goodness and also helps thicken the sauce. Use freshly grated parmesan if you can!
- Chopped Spinach: Adds color, nutrition, and a pleasant earthy taste to balance the richness of the sauce.
- Drained Sun-Dried Tomatoes: These gems add a burst of tangy-sweet flavor and also give the sauce its lovely reddish color.
How to Make Creamy Tuscan Garlic Sauce
It’s super easy and takes less than 10 minutes. Simply mix all of your ingredients together and taste test as you go!
- Combine Ingredients: Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese to a medium saucepan. Whisk over medium-high heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add Vegetables: Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes and let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Serve: Serve over pasta, your favorite poultry, or seafood!
Tips and Variations
Creamy Tuscan garlic sauce is seriously the best. It uses such simple ingredients but has the most amazing flavor! Here are a few ways to make it even better.
- Add Protein: If you want to add protein to your sauce, throw in shredded chicken, Italian sausage, shrimp, scallops, or steak!
- Add Some Heat: To give your creamy Tuscan garlic sauce a little warmth, sprinkle in red pepper flakes or add a dash of smoked paprika.
- Make it Lighter: Instead of heavy cream, you can also use half and half. You’ll end up with a little bit lighter sauce.
- Serve With: Pasta, rice, potatoes, roasted veggies, the choice is yours!
Storing Leftover Sauce
If you have leftovers of your sauce, pop it in an airtight container or jar and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days. When you’re ready to use it again, reheat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese to a medium saucepan. Whisk over medium-high heat until it starts to thicken.
Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes and let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt.
Serve over pasta, your favorite poultry, or seafood!
Calories294kcal (15%)Carbohydrates11g (4%)Protein9g (18%)Fat25g (38%)Saturated Fat16g (80%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat6gCholesterol76mg (25%)Sodium347mg (14%)Potassium602mg (17%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar7g (8%)Vitamin A1805IU (36%)Vitamin C8mg (10%)Calcium220mg (22%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.