Cool down this summer with a refreshing virgin mojito! It’s made with fresh lime juice and sparkling water, all sweetened with agave syrup. It’s a delicious citrusy drink that the whole family can enjoy!
Summer heat got you down? Try this Brazilian lemonade, watermelon agua fresca, or pineapple lemonade to cool off with. Each recipe is so refreshing and delicious!
Non-Alcoholic Mojito Recipe
Mojitos are like those cool drinks you get with fresh lime juice, mint leaves, and a bit of sweetener, all mixed with soda or sparkling water and some rum. They’re super refreshing and perfect for hot days or when you just want something light and tasty.
But if you want a drink that’s fun for the whole family, this virgin mojito is the way to go! It’s a mojito without the booze, so everyone can enjoy it, even the kids and those who don’t drink alcohol. You still get that awesome lime and mint flavor, and when you add the sparkling water, it’s all bubbly and fizzy, just like a regular mojito. Plus, you can jazz it up with lime wedges and extra mint leaves to make it look fancy and taste fantastic. So, grab a glass, mix up those ingredients, pop a lime wedge on the rim, and voilà! You’ve got yourself a refreshing beverage that not only tastes good, but looks good too!
Virgin Mojito Ingredients
Bursting with zesty lime, refreshing mint, and fizzy bubbles, this virgin mojito “mocktail” is the perfect drink for the whole family to enjoy on warm days. You can find the exact measurements I used below in the recipe card.
- Fresh Lime Juice: Adds a delicious pop of citrus flavor!
- Agave or Sweetener of Choice: Sweeten things up just the way you like! Agave or other sweeteners like honey, granulated sugar, Stevia, or simple syrup balance out the sourness of lime juice, making it oh-so-delicious.
- Mint Leaves: Fresh and cool, mint leaves give your drink a refreshing twist that’s perfect for beating the heat.
- Sparkling Water: To make your virgin mojito bubbly and fun! I used plain sparkling water, but you can also use flavored sparkling water to customize your drink.
- Wedged Limes for Garnish : These lime wedges not only look pretty but also add an extra burst of lime flavor to your drink.
- Additional Mint Leaves for Garnish: Sprinkle in some extra mint leaves for that lovely green touch and a boost of minty goodness.
How to Make a Virgin Mojito
It’s really simple, and only takes 5 minutes! Because this virgin mojito recipe is so quick and easy, you’ll want to make it all summer! Not to mention, it looks impressive, so break out your nice cups and enjoy a glass with friends and family!
- Muddle Ingredients: In a small bowl, muddle together the lime juice, agave, and mint leaves for at least 1 minute.
- Pour Over Ice, Add Sparkling Water: Pour the muddled virgin mojito mixture into a glass with ice and then pour the sparkling water over it all.
- Garnish and Serve: Mix lightly, place a lime wedge on the glass and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Check out these handy tips to craft the perfect mocktail: blend the ingredients for a quicker method, muddle for fuller flavors, consider making a large pitcher for a crowd, and don’t forget to adjust the sweetness to suit everyone’s taste buds. Get ready to impress your guests with a refreshing and customizable drink that’s perfect for any occasion!
- Blend Ingredients: You can also use an immersion blender or regular blender to make your virgin mojito instead of using a cocktail muddler.
- Muddle Well: Take your time when muddling the lime juice, sweetener, and mint leaves to release their flavors fully. The longer you muddle, the tastier your virgin mojito will be!
- Making For a Crowd: I would suggest tripling the recipe and making a large pitcher of it for a party!
- Adjust Sweetness: Taste as you go and adjust the amount of sweetener to your liking. Some prefer a sweeter mocktail, while others prefer it less sweet.
Storing Leftovers / Making Ahead
You can make the mojito mixture with the agave, lime, and mint, and keep it in the fridge so it’s always ready to add to your favorite beverages. Just store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
I don’t recommend storing the virgin mojito mix with the sparkling water mix, as it will go flat quickly.
In a small bowl, muddle together the lime juice, agave, and mint leaves, at least 1 minute.
Pour the muddled mixture into a glass with ice and pour the sparkling water over it all.
Mix lightly, place a lime wedge on the glass and enjoy!
Calories42kcal (2%)Carbohydrates11g (4%)Protein0.3g (1%)Fat0.1gSaturated Fat0.01gPolyunsaturated Fat0.03gSodium3mgPotassium64mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar7g (8%)Vitamin A228IU (5%)Vitamin C12mg (15%)Calcium16mg (2%)Iron0.3mg (2%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.